Wednesday, February 6, 2008

High fashion photography for models and high school seniors...

Since my senior year in college, I have loved doing high fashion type of photo shoots. I love working with people who are comfortable enough in front of the camera to not look at me strangely if I ask them to walk out into the ocean while wearing a bridesmaid's dress, or to climb up on some rocks while wearing a skirt. Sometimes what I ask a model to do may sound strange, but more often than not I'm right on the money and it becomes a great photograph.

I've started a Myspace page dedicated mainly to showcasing my high fashion model images and my high school senior images. I love doing photo shoots to help enrich models' portfolios. They give me vague parameters or a location to work with, and love the results.


High school seniors are a special group of people. I look at these photographs as their first chance to really shine and be themselves in a school portrait. You see, when I was a senior in high school I would have loved it if I had been treated like a model for a day. Don't get me wrong, my photographs turned out well, but I like to take it a step further and treat my seniors the way I would have liked, as if they were models doing high fashion type photographs. I also always try to keep it real and incorporate elements that represent part of their life, whether it be a pet, sport, or car.

No comments: