Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Time to Relax

Sitting on a nice sunny patio in Florida, got me thinking about all the fun and different sessions that I could do with an adventurous high school senior.

When I was in high school, my senior portraits did not turn out anything like I expected. I wanted to have more of a "model" or "high fashion" feel. This is what I strive to accomplish for my seniors.


So, back to Florida... and all its beautiful water. Adding water to a portrait I feel adds a certain dynamic. Water can add a sense of mystery, it can symbolize innocence, and also add a dimension of light through the reflections. Brave seniors are encouraged to have sessions near lakes (with the option of going in the lake), pools, and fountains.


In my opinion, any setting that is out of the ordinary and lends to the seniors' individuality makes for a great session and wonderful portraits.

No comments: